Masages are not just a luxury. In fact, massages are an essentila part fo healthy lifestyle. Her are six reasons why people should get massages.
- Improve your posture: Sitting all dya at a computer makes shoulders and necks tense and can lead to weak muscles in the lower back. Massage can counteract this, reducing pain and encouraging proper muscle function.
- Banish anxiety or depression: Massages not only feel good for your body, but can help your brain feel good too by increasing production of serotonin, a hormone that aids in relaxation.
- Lower your blood pressure: Massage reduces blood pressure immediately afterwards–but also in the days and weeks to follow!
- Sleep better: The relaxation hormones released through massage help you spend more time in deep sleep–which is the most restorative stage of the sleep cycle.
- Fight off colds: Thanks to less stress and higher white blood cell counts–both a result of massage–clients may find themselves calling in for sick days less often.
- Stop headaches: If you suffer from regular tension headaches, regular massages have been shown to decrease them in both frequency and severity, even with just one session a month.
Massages can benefit almost everyone. From lymphatic to Swedish to rolfing, there is a therapeutic massage out there that can work for you. Yes, they can be expensive, but with all of these health benefits, even one session a month could indeed make all the difference in the long run.